Nihar Associates was employed to determine the consistency with which maintainable items were recorded across a number of our client’s databases.
Nihar Associates had to analyse the data stored in 3 separate databases, and determine which maintainable items were present/not present in each. This task was complicated by the fact that the data sources recorded maintainable items against primary keys that did not necessarily correlate between data sources.
Nihar Associates had to use its knowledge of the naming conventions used in each data source (which were not necessarily documented anywhere) to develop rule sets that could be used to identify maintainable items that were present in different data sources, but recorded against different primary keys.
Overall Nihar Associates
- Analysed over 1,500,000 line items of data.
- Produced statistics showing the percentage of line items that were consistently recorded between data sources.
- Assigned ‘severity ratings’ to the data that was inconsistently recorded depending on which combination of data sources a particular line item was present in to prioritise which inconsistencies should be addressed first.
Nihar Associates was employed to optimise and standardise the maintenance strategies for all the equipment on 3 of our client’s FPSOs.
Successfully completing this work required:
- A comprehensive understanding of the functionality of each system on each asset.
- Intimate knowledge of how to extract and analyse the data stored in SAP PM
- A holistic understanding of our client’s internal requirements relating to maintenance strategies and master data.
Nihar Associates held weekly workshops with System Engineers from each of the facilities to review the existing maintenance plans in SAP PM and the requirements/recommendations defined in various guidelines and performance standards.
Overall Nihar Associates:
- Successfully completed the project in under 6 months.
- Created over 300 X1 notifications (master data change requests) in SAP PM.
Nihar Associates was employed to provide operation readiness support for our client’s Ore Car Repair Shop (OCRS). This facility is semi-automated and run as a production line, presenting unique challenges for its maintenance and operations procedures.
As part of this project, Nihar Associates reviewed vendor documentation, developed operating and maintenance strategies, validated bills of materials, identified spares and tooling, and created work instructions and SAP upload information.
Overall Nihar Associates were able to:
- Review and update a range of vendor documentation according to Nihar Associates’ maintenance recommendations.
- Write and validate over 1,000 work instructions for the OCRS, including those for process equipment and site infrastructure.
- Identify and rationalise the spares, tooling, resources, and lubrication required to maintain over 100 unique pieces of equipment.
Nihar Associates was employed to help our client clear their backlog of master data change requests (X1 notifications) in their CMMS (SAP PM).
Nihar Associates worked closely with our client’ team of master data experts, and liaised with engineers to ensure that the engineering intent of each master data change request was met, while conforming to a number of our client’s standards relating to master data and maintenance practices.
Over a period of 6 months, Nihar Associates managed to successfully close-out over 1,400 X1 notifications, and had a < 1% error rate.