Nihar Associates was asked to provide backfill support to our client’s Maintenance and Reliability team.
Nihar Associates provided a resource who was tasked with analysing historical maintenance data to identify underlying trends in equipment failure and maintenance expenditure, with the ultimate aim of identifying areas where maintenance practices could be made more cost-efficient.
Overall Nihar Associates:
- Reviewed over 7 years worth of maintenance data in SAP PM to establish failure rates of specific equipment types.
- Identified equipment that were contributing excessively to overall maintenance expenditure, and provided specific recommendations on how their maintenance could be made more cost-efficient.
- Reviewed PAS data to identify bad actors, and provide recommendations on how to better capture data in the future to facilitate performing meaningful data analysis.
Nihar Associates was employed to analyse the production losses incurred by our client’s West Australian oil and gas producing assets from 2011 to 2013, and determine the biggest contributors to reliability-related losses.
In addition, Nihar Associates was asked to re-classify the production loss data such that it could be used as the basis for determining reliability targets for each system within a given facility.
Nihar Associates delivered:
- A report that:
- outlined the assets, functional locations, and equipment types that contributed most to total production losses;
- performed an in-depth analysis of trends in production losses;
- analysed the consistency with which losses relating to multiple assets were classified; and
- analysed the consistency with which reliability, availability, and utilisation designations were being assigned to line items.
- A dataset containing over 7,000 entries, classified such that reliability targets could be determined for each system within a given facility.