Nihar Associates was employed to conduct a reliability and maintenance review on the wellhead hydraulic control system on our client’s oil and gas platform.
Nihar Associates worked alongside site personnel and equipment vendors to review the existing maintenance practices, and implement new maintenance strategies to rejuvenate the deteriorating system.
Overall, Nihar Associates:
- Reviewed and updated vendor and client documentation to match system upgrades.
- Restructured the functional location hierarchy in SAP PM, which included the creation of 300 new functional locations to enable safety critical wellhead control modules and relief valves to be adequately monitored.
- Identified and rationalised the Bills of Materials (BOMs) required to maintain the hydraulic system and the 50 rotatable modules.
- Revised and developed new maintenance procedures for the system.
- Updated maintenance plans such that the required overhauls of the 50 rotable modules were staggered over 5 year periods.
- Provided ongoing support throughout the entire project, including the implementation of master data changes in SAP PM.